I am excited to try new products related to health and wellness, or even read and review great books about health, psychology, or even living with an invisible illness. I enjoy reviewing health-related products and sharing them with my readers. My goal is to be fair and balanced, providing both positives and negatives. Below are my policies for product reviews:
1. I will only review products that I would be willing to use. If the product is not a good fit for me/ for my readers, I will not review it. If it is a product that may interest my readers but is not something I would personally use, I can not provide a valuable review. I may, however, be open to a sponsored post discussing the product.
2. Accepting/ receiving a product does not guarantee a positive review. Any review I share will be completely objective. I will share both the positives and negatives.
3. Issues or flaws with the product will be discussed with the sponsor company, to ensure that the issues are not due to user error.
4. If I can not provide a positive or neutral review of the product, the sponsor may request that the review not be published.
5. Reviewing any product or service does not exclude the review of similar products or services.
6. I will not return any product unless it is agreed upon in writing prior to receipt of the product. In the case where a review is not published, the sponsor can request the return of the product (at their expense).
7. All sponsored posts (including product reviews) are labeled as sponsored as per the FTC guidelines.
8. I will provide the sponsor with an estimate of when the review will be published prior to receiving the product. Reviews are generally published within 6-8 weeks of receipt of the product. In some cases, I may need more time to evaluate the product or service prior to writing my review.
9. I may continue to use and evaluate a product long after the review is published. As such, that product may be included in future posts.
I haven’t yet done sponsored product reviews. I have, however, promoted products that have been helpful to me without any affiliation to the product.